This elegant waterfront two-story modern Mediterranean home could break sales records in the Keystone Shores Odessa FL community with its $3,699,000 list price!
It’s address is 17115 Journeys End Dr, Odessa, FL 33556.
It was custom-built in 2005 by multi-awarded designer-builder Fernandez Luxury Homes for television advertising legend, Billy Mays*, its original owner.
When it was purchased four years later by the new owners, more features and updates were done, creating a masterpiece for lakefront estate living and entertaining.
With 8,052 square feet of heated area, it’s the largest home in the Keystone Shores Estates community. And it’s one of only a few homes in the community that are fronting a lake and have boardwalks and deeded covered docks.
And it’s one of only two Keystone Shores Odessa FL home available on the market as of October 16, 2022. The last three homes sold in this community were in March this year and in September last year.
Look at these wonderful updates and features of one of the most magnificent homes for sale in Keystone Shores Odessa FL:
- Breathtaking water views from many of the double pane, tinted windows
- Dramatic 24-foot ceiling upon entering, with elegant chandeliers, including a crystal foyer chandelier with a lift
- Stonework around gas fireplace reminiscent of a European castle
- Travertine polished Marble flooring
- Custom Kitchen combines two shades of coordinated oak cabinetry with massive island and top of the line appliances
- Butler’s Pantry with fully functioning bar next to dining room
- Walk-in Wine Cellar
- Smart Home features with Sound System/Speakers hidden throughout most of the house and the outside
- Build in oak desk and shelving in the office
- 8-foot solid wood doors throughout the house
- Spa-quality owners bathroom featuring antique white oak cabinetry with a unique edge of marble in “wine cork” shapes countertop, rain forest shower and Roman style tub
- Massive corner glass Sliding Doors in the family room extend the entertainment area to the outside lanai when recessed
- Limestone flooring and cedar ceilings add texture and finishing touch to the lanai
- Heated Pool with Jacuzzi
- Lakefront with Private Gazebo/Boat Dock, electricity and sound system connected
- Game Room with breathtaking views, pool table and a bar
- Wrought Iron marble staircase spirals to a loft with built-in bookshelves
- Bonus room, currently used as an Exercise/Sitting Room with bar area ready for entertainment
- Soundproof Theater Room with recliner leather seats, hidden McIntosh speakers, floor lights and Sound System
- All bedrooms have walk-in closets and ensuite bathrooms
- Landscape lighting and outdoor speakers abound
- Sprinkler System – 2 zones with partial on city and partial on well
- Private driveway with portico and gated entrance to oversized 4 car garage
- Tesla Charger (or 4th AC for the garage can be converted back)
What kind of community is Keystone Shores?
It’s a gated private community of expansive gorgeous executive residences just off Gunn Highway. It’s home to some of the most successful professionals and businesspeople in the Tampa Bay area. Homes are on huge lots, surrounded by wooded landscapes, providing privacy and open green spaces between homes.
Protected woodlands and lakes are a big part of the beauty of the community, with the two biggest lakes being Lake Little and Lake James. 17115 Journeys End Dr is fronting Lake Little, and has a covered dock for relaxing and entertaining.
Schools assigned to the community are some of the best in Hillsborough County. Steinbrenner High School has been rated A consistently all through the years. Based on US News rankings, it’s No. 2 among Tampa metro area high schools, No. 2 among Hillsborough County public high schools and No. 41 among Florida high schools.
How’s travel from Odessa Fl to Tampa?
Keystone Shores Odessa FL is just 19 miles north of downtown Tampa and just 14 miles to the Tampa International Airport. Odessa FL to Tampa is a pleasant travel on the Veterans Expressway or on I-275.
How’s the market for homes for sale in Keystone Shores Odessa FL?
The most recent home sale was a 7-bedroom 5.5-bathroom 4-car-garage 5,719-square-foot pool residence sold in March 2022 for $2,050,000. It sold $150,000 over asking price.
3 Sales in 2021
$1,150,000 4-bedr 5-bathr 4,458 sq ft
$2,350,000 6-bedr 7-bathr 7,049 sq ft
$1,200,000 4-bedr 4.5-bathr 4,354 sq ft
4 Sales in 2020
$985,000 5-bedr 4.5-bathr 4,377 sq ft
$915,000 6-bedr 5.5-bathr 4,225 sq ft
$1,260,000 7-bedr 5.5-bathr 5,719 sq ft
$950,000 6-bedr 5.5-bathr 5,719 sq ft
Besides Keystone Shores, where are the other waterfront homes for sale in Odessa FL?
As of October 15, 2022, there are 18 other waterfront homes for sale in Odessa FL being offered at more than $1M. They’re in the communities of:
Lakes of Keystone
Keystone Park Colony
Lakeside Grove Estates
Grey Hawk Lake Polo
The most expensive ones, ranging from $2 million to nearly $4 million, are in Keystone Shores Estates, Lakes of Keystone, Keystone Park Colony and Carencia. The most expensive, listed at $5,900,000, is unplatted, meaning it’s not situated inside a subdivision. It’s on Van Dyke Road.
The second most expensive, listed at $3,699,000, is the home featured on this page: 17115 Journeys End Dr. It’s in Keystone Shores Odessa FL.
The third is also unplatted, listed at $3,499,000 and is on Mobley Road.
*William Darrell Mays Jr. was a popular American television direct-response advertisement salesman. He was the CEO and founder of Mays Promotions whose promotions were aired mostly on the Home Shopping Network. He promoted a wide variety of products, including OxiClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom, and Zorbeez.