Updated October 20, 2023
This elegant waterfront two-story modern Mediterranean home could break sales records in the Keystone Shores Odessa FL community with its $3.2M list price!
It’s address is 17115 Journeys End Dr, Odessa, FL 33556.
It was custom-built in 2005 by multi-awarded designer-builder Fernandez Luxury Homes for television advertising legend, Billy Mays*, its original owner.
When it was purchased four years later by the new owners, more features and updates were done, creating a masterpiece for lakefront estate living and entertaining.
With 8,052 square feet of heated area, it’s the largest home in the Keystone Shores Estates community. And it’s one of only a few homes in the community that are fronting a big lake and have boardwalks and deeded gazebos.
And it’s one of only two homes in the Keystone Shores Estates community that’s available on the market as of October 20, 2023. While this home is more than 8,000 square feet, the other one is just over 4,000 square feet.
It’s always a joy for me whenever I visit or go here to take photos or supervise some things to be done. So serene, what a great feeling!
Look at these wonderful updates and features of one of the most magnificent homes for sale in Keystone Shores Odessa FL:
- Breathtaking water views from many of the double pane, tinted windows
- Dramatic 24-foot ceiling upon entering, with elegant chandeliers, including a crystal foyer chandelier with a lift
- Stonework around gas fireplace reminiscent of a European castle
- Travertine polished Marble flooring
- Custom Kitchen combines two shades of coordinated oak cabinetry with massive island and top of the line appliances
- Butler’s Pantry with fully functioning bar next to dining room
- Walk-in Wine Cellar
- Smart Home features with Sound System/Speakers hidden throughout most of the house and the outside
- Build in oak desk and shelving in the office
- 8-foot solid wood doors throughout the house
- Spa-quality owners bathroom featuring antique white oak cabinetry with a unique edge of marble in “wine cork” shapes countertop, rain forest shower and Roman style tub
- Massive corner glass Sliding Doors in the family room extend the entertainment area to the outside lanai when recessed
- Limestone flooring and cedar ceilings add texture and finishing touch to the lanai
- Heated Pool with Jacuzzi
- Lakefront with Private Gazebo/Boat Dock, electricity and sound system connected
- Game Room with breathtaking views, pool table and a bar
- Wrought Iron marble staircase spirals to a loft with built-in bookshelves
- Bonus room, currently used as an Exercise/Sitting Room with bar area ready for entertainment
- Soundproof Theater Room with recliner leather seats, hidden McIntosh speakers, floor lights and Sound System
- All bedrooms have walk-in closets and ensuite bathrooms
- Landscape lighting and outdoor speakers abound
- Sprinkler System – 2 zones with partial on city and partial on well
- Private driveway with portico and gated entrance to oversized 4 car garage
- Tesla Charger (or 4th AC for the garage can be converted back)
What kind of community is Keystone Shores?
It’s a gated private community of expansive gorgeous executive residences just off Gunn Highway. It’s home to some of the most successful professionals and businesspeople in the Tampa Bay area. Homes are on huge lots, surrounded by wooded landscapes, providing privacy and open green spaces between homes.
Protected woodlands and lakes are a big part of the beauty of the community, with the two biggest lakes being Lake Little and Lake James. 17115 Journeys End Dr is fronting Lake Little, and has a covered dock for relaxing and entertaining.
Schools assigned to the community are some of the best in Hillsborough County. Steinbrenner High School has been rated A consistently all through the years. Based on US News rankings, it’s No. 2 among Tampa metro area high schools, No. 2 among Hillsborough County public high schools and No. 41 among Florida high schools.
How’s travel from Odessa Fl to Tampa?
Keystone Shores Odessa FL is just 19 miles north of downtown Tampa and just 14 miles to the Tampa International Airport. Odessa FL to Tampa is a pleasant travel on the Veterans Expressway or on I-275.
How’s the market for homes for sale in Keystone Shores Odessa FL?
As of October 20, 2023, the most recent sale was a 7,049-sqft home sold for $2,650,000 in August 2023. It does not have a private gazebo like this one on 17115 Journeys Drive. The two other homes sold earlier this year were a 5771-sqft home sold for $2,275,000 and a 4398-sqft home sold for $1,925,000.
Based on MLS records, the highest sale ever in the Keystone Shores Estates was this home we’re talking about — 17115 Journeys End Drive. It was sold for $2.8 million in 2009. And it’s expected to fetch again the highest price when it gets sold by the current owners.
2 Sales in 2022
$2,050,000 5-bedr 5.5-bathr 5,719 sqft
$1,500,000 4-bedr 4-bathr 4,876 sqft
3 Sales in 2021
$1,150,000 4-bedr 5-bathr 4,458 sq ft
$2,350,000 6-bedr 7-bathr 7,049 sq ft
$1,200,000 4-bedr 4.5-bathr 4,354 sq ft
4 Sales in 2020
$985,000 5-bedr 4.5-bathr 4,377 sq ft
$915,000 6-bedr 5.5-bathr 4,225 sq ft
$1,260,000 7-bedr 5.5-bathr 5,719 sq ft
$950,000 6-bedr 5.5-bathr 5,719 sq ft
Besides Keystone Shores, where are the other waterfront homes for sale in Odessa FL?
As of October 12, 2023, there are 3 other waterfront homes for sale in Odessa FL being offered at more than $1M. They’re in the communities of Copeland Creek and Wyndham Lakes.
There are also waterfront homes in these Odessa Florida communities, but do not have properties for sale at the moment:
Lakes of Keystone
Keystone Park Colony
Lakeside Grove Estates
Grey Hawk Lake Polo
*William Darrell Mays Jr. was a popular American television direct-response advertisement salesman. He was the CEO and founder of Mays Promotions whose promotions were aired mostly on the Home Shopping Network. He promoted a wide variety of products, including OxiClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom, and Zorbeez.